Monday, July 7, 2008

Thing #8 Big Huge Labs



I looked through and played with many of the sites, but the one I liked best was Big Huge Labs with its "round-up of Flickr tools." It had a number of sites that students could use to create all kinds of educational and fun projects. The one I chose to use was the motivational sign maker. I used a picture of some of my students, gave it a title and sentence underneath. These would be attention grabbers in the halls or in my room - a way to use pictures of students to illustrate ideas or expectations and cause them to take a second look, especially if the picture is of them or of someone they know. It could also be used for special student recognition.

Then there's the question of private or public photos. MISD has very specific guidelines about pictures and names, and they're appropriate here. School pictures could be public if no names are given. Obviously, teachers are expected to use discretion with public and personal photos. I think I'm OK with most of my photos being public. Having written that, I also claim wiggle room!

2 comments:

mmw said...

Can you post your creation here for us to see?

msmusicteacher said...

I thought I did!! As you can see, I'm still having a problem posting pictures. :)