Friday, July 11, 2008

Thing #15 Wiki-whacked!

Whoo-hoo, I am pumped! I had never heard of a "wiki" before, so I looked at every site listed in the Discovery Exercise. I went to the Sandbox and looked around, but didn't get my hands dirty. :) I was going to add to the "Google" area but "Reese's Readings" was so succint and well-written that she covered almost everything I was going to write. I moved out (way out!) of my comfort zone and created a wiki through Wikispaces as a way of keeping connected with several women who are trying to lose weight this summer. We had emailed back and forth, but this seemed the perfect avenue to connect, get feedback and encouragement. They are the only ones who can edit or add to it, so it's an ongoing process. I added several pages to start us off. I think this would be a super tool for educators. Students could add information, the teacher could comment or correct, and it could stay current throughout the school year. I even see this as a tool for music teachers' sharing ideas! I did not go to the ad-free sites for educators, since this is a personal site. I would use it if I created a wiki for school. Want to check out my wiki? See 4ourhealth.wikispaces.com

1 comment:

mmw said...

Your wiki is fantastic! That's a great idea for one. Way to go!!!