Monday, July 14, 2008

Thing #17 Del.icio.us

I had seen the "del.icio.us" word used frequently but never really understood it until this "thing." I had started tagging with Flickr and Wikispaces but didn't know what "social bookmarking" was. I watched the Common Craft presentation (I have liked all of their tutorials because of the visual aspect) and looked at Ful and Ma.gnolia as well. I felt that del.icio.us was best - because that's what Mary and Debbie were using. :) Now that I understand, I think it's a great way to share the wealth, through social networking. You can glean good ideas from other websites as well. I can see this as a very valid research tool, generating some give and take between researchers. It's ideal because it can be accessed from any computer. I think this is a tool many librarians would welcome as they teach research or search for sites that will help their students. I checked out the misd23things with all the resources, and read the "Seven Things You Should Know About Social Bookmarking." I feel teachers could use it in their classes, and also with their peers. I did create my own del.icio.us account and will be adding to it as I keep learning.

No comments: