Monday, July 7, 2008

Thing #11 So Many Sites, So Little Time

I was amazed by the Cool Cat Teacher blog – so much, and so many good ideas. “How to Create Your Circle of the Wise” was articulate, as was the first comment at the end of her post. Going on . . . Topix was set up in sections that were easy to read, not as crowded as Technorati. For me, the easiest to use ones are those that are more open and more reader-friendly. One site I found on Bloglines would be great for music – what happened on each day’s date in the field of music. Unfortunately it also had some other topics that they wouldn’t need to see. I used the Google Blog Search to check out the 23 Things and ended up setting up a Google Alert. ☺ The Technorati Tutorial was quite good. I did add a few new feeds to my RSS reader along the way. On Syndic8 I typed in classical music and found some great music blogs. The more I look, the more I find!! This trip is more of a quick discovery time, just to get an idea of what’s out there – I need more time than I have right now. So my plan is to go back and do an in-depth search on all of them.

1 comment:

Amanda :-) said...

For the Google calendar you need to on the Google calendar website click on calender settings. On the Calendar Details scroll down to the embed this calendar link and copy the code. Now you need to go to your blog and past the code. You need to sign in to your dashboard and click on the layout tab, then click on page elements. I found that the calendar works the best if you post it to the bottom where it says add page element and add your calendar, make sure you tell it that you are adding an html code, or it won't embed properly. Let me know if you have any other questions.