Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Thing #12 Google Rocks!


Google Calendar was quite simple to do. Getting it on my blog was another matter. When I tried to “share” it would only accept an email address, and wouldn’t accept my blog. So I wrote to a fellow blogger for help, since she had already done it.

I would have set up a Google Alert but I already did that on #11. Because it was so easy to do. Instead I tried Picasa – similar to Flickr. That provides two options of sharing photos online. I loaded some pictures of our 1-month-old Hannah Grace with pictures of sister, parents, and us (grandparents).

I see lots of possibilities for educational use – calendars for choir rehearsals and performances, Picasa - another great avenue for sharing student pictures (sans names) and activities. With increased usage will come more ideas for both personal and educational possibilities.

Click on Google Calendar to access my calendar! :)

No comments: